Q Mark for Nursing Homes
- What is the Q Mark for Nursing Homes?
- How the programme works
- Q Mark for Nursing Home programme framework
- Benefits of the Q Mark for Nursing Homes
- How to take part
What is the Q Mark for Nursing Homes?
EIQA have worked with the Irish Nursing Homes Organisation (INHO) and The Irish Society for Quality & Safety in Healthcare (ISQSH). to develop the Q Mark for Nursing Homes. This accreditation programme is the only one of its kind in Ireland, addressing both regulatory and business requirements. This comprehensive standard incorporates all aspects of managing a Nursing Home, including Organisational Commitment, Employee Engagement, Support Systems and Processes and Quality of Life.
How the programme works
To achieve certification an organisation must review the contents of the Standard and ensure that they have complied with all requirements before applying for the certification audit
This accreditation programme is assessed by a team of experience Nursing Home Assessors, and the scored report that is issued following assessments identifies areas of best practice, areas of positive performance and areas for improvement, including critical areas.
Q Mark for Nursing Homes programme framework
The EIQA Nursing Homes Standard provides a comprehensive framework for assessing Nursing Homes.
The Nursing Home Standard can be broken down into four key components
- Organisational Commitment (including compliance, continuous improvement and business planning)
- Employee Engagement (all aspects of employment including recruitment and training)
- Support Systems and Processes (encompasses all internal day to day processes within the Nursing Home)
- Quality of Life (addresses all issues that affect the day to day care of residents and their day to day activities)
Levels of Recognition
To gain a level of recognition, an organisation must obtainan overall score of at least 400 points of the 1,000 total points available.
Level 1 - awarded to Nursing Homes that score in excess of 400 points
Level 2 - awarded to Nursing Homes that score in excess of 600 points
Level 3 - awarded to Nursing Homes that score in excess of 800 points
Benefits of the Q Mark for Nursing Homes
- Operate more efficiently
- Have happier residents / customers
- Provide a greater level of care
- Have lower rates of staff turnover
- Independent assessment provides impartial feedback to help improve procedures going forward and identifies areas of positive performance.
How to Take Part in the Q Mark for Nursing Homes
- Sign up to become a member of EIQA
- Decide on the Q Mark for Nursing Homes - fill out an application form and return it to EIQA
- Receive a copy of the Nursing Homes Standard
- Implement changes to your organisation to bring it up to standard or introduce documentation as necessary
- Carry out a mock assessment or internal audit (optional)
- Certification assessment
- Feedback of audit results
- Receive certification