Q Mark for Leisure Centres
- What is the Q Mark for Leisure Centres?
- How the programme works?
- Benefits of the programme
- How to take part in the programme
What is the Q Mark for Leisure Centres?
The Leisure Centres Standard, provides a comprehensive approach to assessing Leisure Centres across the broad spectrum of services provided by the industry. It draws on the Hygiene and Quality Standards expertise that EIQA has developed since it's inception in 1969
The Leisure Centre Standard provides a comprehensive/integrated approach to assessment of the Quality Management systems and Operational Hygiene Standards of Leisure Centres.
The Leisure Centres Standard framework was developed in conjunction with the Irish Hotel Federation (IHF) and independent members of the Leisure Industry. EIQA conducted extensive research globally in developing this standard in association with its partners.
How the Programme works
The Leisure Centres standard provides a comprehensive framework for assessing Leisure Centres in four key areas:
- Commitment - Management commitment, development and communication of policies, business planning, organisation and customer focus.
- Approach - All operational aspects of the leisure centre, including normal operating plans, emergency action plans, staff training, premises hygiene, water quality and records.
- Performance and Review - Internal auditing, customer feedback, employee feedback, supplier performance and Management reviews. (For new members of the programme. the requirement for a Management review is not compulsory.)
- Structure and Services - The layout, design and condition of all areas of the premises are assessed.
Levels of Recognition
To gain a level of recognition, an organisation must obtain an overall score of at least 500 points of the 1,000 total points available.
Level 3 - awarded to Leisure Centres that score in excess of 500 points
Level 4 - awarded to Leisure Centres that score in excess og 650 points
Level 5 - awarded to Leisure Centres that score in excess of 800 points
Benefits of the Q Mark for Leisure Centres
All Leisure Centres strive to provide the highest standard of service to their customers/members and to provide them with the best possible facilities. Global research shows that there are clear links between business performance and independent certification against a recognised standard with the key benefits being:
- Increased profitability
- More efficient operations
- Satisfied staff (lower staff turnover/reduced training costs)
- Reduced costs through improved process management
- Public recognition of the focus on Quality
A further benefit of joining the EIQA programme is the possibility to implement the requirements at your own pace and in accordance with your own business objectives. EIQA are a certification body that do not have any links with the leisure industry, thereby ensuring an independent and objective approach to each assessment.
How to Take Part in the Q Mark for Leisure Centres Programme
- Sign up to become a member of EIQA
- Decide on the Q Mark for Leisure Centres Programme - fill out an application form and return to EIQA
- Receive a copy of the Leisure Centres Standard
- Implement changes to your organisation to bring it up to standard or introduce documentation as necessary
- Carry out a mock assessment or internal audit (optional)
- Certification assessment
- Feedback of audit results
- Receive certification