ABLE Tourism Awards
What is the ABLE Tourism Award?
The ABLE Tourism Award is acknowledged as being the Q Mark for accessibility. The award is nationally recognised and exceeds the standard required of current legislation.
The ABLE Award distinguishes your company from your competitors, demonstrating that your company supports the highest standards available.
Having the ABLE award visible on your premises tells your customers that you are ABLE to facilitate them with greater support than ever before, thus broadening your customer base.
The ABLE Award has been jointly created by Ireland's leading experts in the areas of quality and disability; EIQA and Rehab.
Receiving the ABLE Tourism Award is an acknowledgement of your commitment to providing services to your customers and staff who have a disability or who may acquire one in the future
- The ABLE Employee - The ABLE Employee allows you to demonstrate that your organisation can provide a sense of well-being, good communication and accessibility to all of your staff. It shows your staff that you have made provision for any member of staff who has or who may at some time in the future acquire a disability.
- The ABLE Customer - The ABLE Customer allows you to demonstrate that your organisation provides a quality customer experience, which builds and develops ongoing relationships with your customers. Incorporating an inclusive communications approach shows all of your customers that you are developing a long-term, accessible service.
- The Built Environment - The Built environment allows you to demonstrate that you have made provision for universal access and circulation throughout your premises so that all users, both customer and staff, may move around in safety and with ease.
Who should apply?
Every company who agrees that equality for all is a basic human right should apply to hold the ABLE Award.
How long does the process take?
From application to assessment takes approximately twelve weeks.
Three great reasons to apply for the ABLE Tourism Award
Displaying the ABLE Tourism Award shows your customer that you lead the way in customer service and demonstrates to them, and to your staff, that you have made a commitment to support equality and accessibility.
There are three key motivators to customer loyalty:
- Great customer service
- Confident, happy staff
- Ease of accessibility
Therefore, by improving accessibility for all, you can improve your customer bottom line.
Four easy steps to being ABLE
- Contact us to receive your application
- Complete the self-assessment form
- Have an on-site assessment with a member of the Q Mark for Accessibility team
- Receive your results and feedback
When can I apply?
You can apply for the ABLE Tourism Award at any time.
How Do I Apply
Alternatively contact the ABLE Team on 01 6604100